Sir Thrift-A-Lot ♥


Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Working Girls A.B.C. Book

I rescued this piece from the trash outside of a thrift store in Mississauga! I love it. It's actually a vintage card made by Carlton Cards & is in a book style. I took this time tonight, watching American Dad & waiting for an order of deep fried pickles, to share some of my favourites with you. 

Here we go:










Tomorrow I'm leaving for Windsor - hitting a few thrifts along the way! Can't wait.

Look what I'm picking up on Sunday for $35!

 

9 comments:

  1. I thought L was the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the letter M with the add underlines by the sender. Glas you rescued this gem from the trash bin. Safe travels and happy treasure hunting along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Paulette! M was my absolute favourite too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are funny! :)) I hope you find the rest of the alphabet, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is brilliant, what a great find. I love L - so true!

    ReplyDelete
  6. In the 70's in San Francisco at the height of the Women's Lib movement, I worked for a woman who was a major feminist, as was I (and still am). So I was floored one day when she walked into the office wearing a blouse that definitely showed her cleavage since I knew she had a presentation to give at a client's office. When I inquired as to why she did this, she said, "Well, it was hard enough just getting this appointment and I'm going to use my boobs as leverage!" So in my case, the letter "M" was my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops! While the letter "M" did bring back memories of my own parents wondering why I wasn't interested in getting married back then (and subsequently assuming--incorrectly--that I was a lesbian!), I was referring to the letter "I" for Interview in my first comment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol! that card is incredible! (and i'm stoked on that butterprint!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vintage Christine - LOL - great story!

    ReplyDelete